Don’t Die of Doubt Campaign
With many fearful of calling 9-1-1 or going to a hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a critical need to reassure all Americans if symptoms of a heart attack or stroke appear, seconds count and the hospital is still the safest place to be. Don’t delay!
If you recognize any of these symptoms, please dial 9-1-1.
- chest discomfort that can feel like pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain
- pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach
- shortness of breath
- other signs may include a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness
- Face drooping on one side or numb
- Arm weakness
- Speech that is slurred or difficulty in speaking
- T stands for Time to call 9-1-1