Jim manages the Fire and EMS Department overseeing budgets, personnel, policy and operations. Jim has 38 years in the fire and EMS services, has been with the department since 1986 and has served in roles including firefighter, training officer, and Captain.
- Certified Firefighter II
- Fire Officer III
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Basic Emergency Medical Technician
Education and Experience
- Retired in 2018 from the State of Michigan, Department of Natural Resources, Forest Resources Division as the State Wildland Fire Supervisor with 32 years of wildland fire experience.
- Past Firefighter/EMT with the Rochester Hills FD 1980-1985.
- Past Chief Fire and Safety Officer, Clinton Valley Center, Michigan Department of Mental Health, Pontiac, MI.
- Certified nationally in many wildland fire Incident Management positions, including Steering Committee member for the Complex Incident Management Course (CIMC).
- Instructor for the Michigan State Firefighter I and II courses.
- Board member of the Northern Michigan Fire Chiefs Association.
- Jim and his wife Eve have raised their two children in Gerrish Township.
- Gerrish Twp. Fire and EMS Explorer Post leader for 10 years.
- Past Boy Scout Leader for Troop 944, youth soccer coach and referee, and 4H Basketball coach.
- Active in the Gerrish Township Firefighter’s Association
Hobbies and Interests
Jim enjoys spending time with his family, including his two grandchildren; and upland bird hunting and standup paddle boarding with his English Setter – Jesse.